-First I woke up to a trashed bathroom- Memphis had torn apart a bathroom rug, shredded the toilet paper and pulled several other things off the counter.
-Then, Rob called to say he was working a homicide and he was just heading home 4 hours late.
-Memphis threw up all over our front porch because she ate her breakfast too fast and then went running wildly about. I wanted to clean it up before Rob got home so I got the children started eating their breakfast and then went outside in my bathrobe to wash it off. I couldn't get the sprinkler head off the water hose so I went back to the front door to go inside to get a bucket of water. I discover that Michael is throwing a fit on the other side of the door since I left him inside and has managed to lock me out of the house while thrashing wildly against the door.
-I ring the doorbell wildly hoping Miriam will come to the door even though we've just given her "the talk" about not answering the door unless Mommy tells her it's okay. Thankfully she comes to the door and I tell her through the door to please unlock it. She has trouble with the lock, but is eventually able to let me in.
-After calming Michael down, I decide that maybe taking a shower would help restart the day on the right foot. Michael refuses to play with his sisters or play in the bathroom while I shower- he just screams and throws himself at the shower curtain. So, I get out of the shower and calmly move him to his crib and shut the door to let him cry while I finish my shower.
-When I get out of the shower Michael has actually stopped screaming- which is not like him. I quickly went to check on him and found out why...
He had managed to remove all his clothes, had thrown everything from his crib and everything he could reach on the nearby changing table all over the room AND had peed in his bed.
What a morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment