Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hormones already?

I think we are getting a glimpse of what the future holds around here lately with our girls.

This evening Rob and Miriam were going over the phone numbers that she knows from memory (our home phone, Grandma's house, Daddy's cell, and 911 so far). Rob asked her what she would do if she ever couldn't find Mommy and Daddy and she replied that she'd call the phone numbers. Rebekah was cuddling in my lap on the couch and apparently listening in on Miriam and Rob's conversation. She spoke up, "If you get lost you could just scream." Rob didn't quite hear her, so he asked her to repeat herself. She said, "If you get lost you could just..." and began crying hysterically. She was distraught for quite a long time at the thought of the possibility of being lost- poor thing!

Miriam has had several "aches and pains" lately that I'm not sure actually exist. I think she may feel a twinge somewhere- she tells me and gets attention. The more attention she gets from it the more often I hear the same complaint for the next several days. A few nights ago she told me that her lip was hurting (she pointed at her gums)- since Rob's been sick and Miriam often really struggles with seasonal allergies I chalked it up to sinus pressure and gave her a dose of Zyrtec. She loves Zyrtec- so she's been telling me every night around the same time that her lips hurt. This evening I had already given Miriam Zyrtec with dinner but after we put her to bed she came down the stairs complaining about her lips again- we reminded her that she'd already had her medicine and that's really all we could do for her. Rob sent her back up the stairs telling her that blowing her nose might help. So, she came back down the stairs saying that she tried to blow her nose but it didn't help. Rob was a bit frustrated at this point and exclaimed, "What, do you want me to do cut it off? Go back to bed!" Miriam dissolved into a fit of tears on the way back to bed.