Sunday, November 9, 2008

Portraits at Latta Plantation

Dad and I took the kids to Latta Plantation yesterday to try to get some portraits of them... 3 children, ages 5 and under and big open spaces to play and beautiful falling leaves to chase don't make for easy portrait taking!

Dad got his camera all set up and Miriam is ready to have her picture taken.
Where are Michael and Rebekah? Oh, there they are playing in the dirt and chasing the leaves. So much for clean clothes and faces!
Here comes Rebekah to have her picture taken, but Michael is still happiest with the dirt and leaves.
Maybe a change of location will do the trick, lets try standing on these mill stones.
Nope Michael would rather run in circles than look at the camera.
Okay, we need somewhere that the children can't escape from...how about this covered wagon? Nope Bek is scared to get up there.
Rebekah did eventually get in the wagon. And Dad even managed to get several good pictures of all the kids! He also got some good individual shots.
I thought everyone might get a laugh at our comical photo shoot! We had a great day at the plantation both during our photo shoot and while exploring the grounds. We had wonderful weather and the leaves were gorgeous. We had lots of fun playing and learning about life in the 1800s. I'll post more of that part of our trip on the homeschool blog later this week.
Here are the portraits Dad took
Here are the candids from his camera

2 comments:

Joe McDowell said...

I had a blast! It was a challenge, but hey a day with all or you is ALWAYS a great day. I love you. Dad

Unknown said...

We had the same kind of day today in Twentynine Palms, CA. Check out Alana's blog at jaimefamily.blogspot.com.