Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Overheard...

This was the conversation in our car on the way home from church tonight:

Miriam "Mommy, when I grow up I want to take an airplane to Dancing with the Stars."
Me "Okay, dear"
Rebekah "Mommy, when I grow up...I want to just stay little."
Me "Okay dear" (I know from experience that if I explain that everyone grows up we will have tears, so I am just letting her think for right now that she never has to grow up)


After a few minutes of silence the girls have the following conversation.
Rebekah "I want to just stay little"
Miriam "You should tell God when we pray tonight that you just want to stay little, then you'll stay little forever."
Rebekah "Okay, I need to go see God so I can tell him."
Miriam "You don't have to go see God he can hear you right here- and he can see you too!"
Rebekah "How? I don't understand that"
Miriam "I know it's hard to understand - God's just special."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too special! When they get life all figured out and how God works, please have them fill me in.

Miriam understands faith already, obviously.

Alana said...

Amazing....I cannot believe how big (mature) they are getting! When I think of Bek, I think of her as a little 2 year old (Naomi's size).