Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Memorial Garden Mini Shoot (P52 week 12)

Okay...so P52 this week is going to have to be a picture of each child because I could not choose just one! It was hard enough to narrow the pick down to just one per child. This morning we had a park play date scheduled...in our excitement we got ready really early. I realized as we walked out the door that we'd be at the park long before our friends. So, I ran upstairs and grabbed my reflector and we stopped at our local Memorial Garden to test it out as a portrait location. By the time we were done with picture taking 20 minutes later I really wasn't expecting to have any good shots in my camera when I got home. I knew I was going to need my reflector since the sun was already pretty high in the sky...what I didn't anticipate was the fact that I could not hold the reflector at a good angle AND shoot pictures at the same time. I needed an assistant...well, out of the 4 kids Miriam was my only willing participant in this little photo shoot adventure and she couldn't both hold the reflector and be the subject of my pictures. I was really surprised when I got home and found several images that I really loved in spite of the conditions. The gardens were absolutely beautiful and we will definitely be going back to try again in the near future. Miriam is always ready and willing to smile for the camera!
Peyton was not at all interested in allowing me to take any pictures of her, but I stole this one near the goldfish pond.

Rebekah was really having an off morning; this was the best "smile" she could muster. After a few frames of her making horrid faces I got the message...

Michael was way too interested in running along the paths, picking up sticks and finding fountains to be bothered by photo taking.

The only group shot I got...I quickly got the message that today was not the day for group photos! That's okay, we'll go again another day.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hi Amanda! I know we never met, but I am just about certain you are the kind giving person who gave me the most wonderful embroidered Mason burp clothes about 4 years agp, that up until this day I kick myself for not sending a thank you note. My name is Erin, Paul Witkowski's wife from CMPD. You take wonderful photos and have a beautiful family!! Thought I would drop by and say hello!! Happy Spring down South:)
Erin
our family blog
www.skiingthroughlife.wordpress.com