Emily is already approaching 5 months old! She began sleeping through the night very regularly right at her 4 month birthday. I was so surprised, as none of my babies have ever slept through the night! I actually struggled with having her beside my bed in the pack n play instead of in my arms. I think I slept less while she was sleeping through the night (due to waking and listening for her and checking on her) than I do when she's asleep in my arms and nursing during the night. Her several week long streak of sleeping all night was broken this week by a bad cold that has run through our family. She also broke one of her bottom teeth through this week! My youngest baby ever to get a tooth; and her second tooth looks like it will be through any day now as well.
Emily never did figure out how to hold that paci in her mouth independently. She decided she'd rather suck her thumb. I still have a paci in her bed, in the car and in the diaper bag, but she hasn't taken one in weeks. She sucks her thumb most days when falling asleep and has even started to figure out how to get her thumb in her mouth more often than just when she is tired.
She can now roll from her front to her back with ease. She loves laying on her back looking at her mobile or the fan. When her Dora sheets are on the crib she often wakes up to talk and coo at Dora instead of starting to cry for me immediately. She can hold a toy and bring it to her mouth to chew on.
She most definitely knows who Mommy and Daddy are. She will cry if she watches me walk away from her. She will also start this precious heavy breathing she does when she is excited whenever she sees Daddy and she wants to have some play time.


1 comment:
Love these pictures.
Post a Comment