Saturday, October 22, 2011

Conversations

I love listening to my children as they play and as they talk to each other.

Last night in the car the kids were discussing one of their favorite television shows, Wild Kratts.  As the subject turned toward the villains in the show Miriam spoke up, "Do ya'll know that there are really people who do bad things and hurt animals on purpose?"  Rebekah replies, "Why would people do that to God's creatures?"  Miriam answers, "Well, God gives us a choice.  We can choose to do things God's way, or we can choose to do things our own way--some people make bad choices and choose to do things their own way."  Rebekah quickly says that she will be choosing to do things God's way.  Then Michael pipes up, "Well---when I grow up I'm going to be a police officer, like Daddy, and then I will just KILL all those bad guys!"  Miriam says, "Now Michael, Daddy doesn't kill the bad guys!  He just takes them to jail and it teaches those bad guys a lesson."

One afternoon this week the kids were 'flying airplanes' (aka the couches) while using their Ipads (aka wooden puzzles) to Skype each other and 'download stuff.'

Such wonderful imaginations!

No comments: