Saturday, October 15, 2011

Boy!

I can't exclaim BOYS! because I only have one--so I'll just say BOY!  Michael is something else, that is for sure.  He gets this glimmer in his eye and I just wait, because I know something fun or silly is about to happen. I find it funny that he is my most independent and opinionated dresser.  Every morning he dresses himself, and he has very specific qualifications for a good comfortable outfit.  Yesterday when he found a pair of Carhartt overalls in his drawer he came down yelling that he had a "pair of farmer pants!"  He was so proud of those pants.  He is just like his daddy, it doesn't matter if it's winter time outside, as soon as we get home he's upstairs finding a pair of comfy shorts and a "nud" sleeve (cut-off) shirt to wear.  
Our biggest adventure this week was when Michael got bored and decided to stick a couple of small beads in his ear.  Unfortunately, only one came back out.  As we were finishing up school time he came running to tell me that he had a bead in his ear.  I immediately called Rob in to check it out, and with a flashlight he could see the little bead way down in his ear.  When I called the doctor they got quite a chuckle when I could not remember what year Michael was born.  Come on!  I have 5 kids and I'm dyslexic-- I know how old they are and I know their birth month and date (if I rattle them off in order from oldest to youngest), but I get so confused about their years.  After a few minutes I finally got the right year and they were able to find him in the computer system.  Thankfully, it was a quick trip to the doctor and the bead came out easily.  Michael says he will never ever do it again--I just hope the fun time alone with Daddy, nurses giving him Batman stickers and lollipops, and stopping for a milkshake on the way home doesn't make him want to try something like that again =)  

No comments: