Saturday, March 7, 2009

Crazy crazy weather

It was snowing on Monday and we got a ton of snow for Charlotte, not just a dusting! Yet, today it's 79 degrees outside. I took the kids to the park in jeans and t-shirts and ended up really regretting the jeans. We were HOT and wishing for shorts!

Peyton is due to arrive next Friday (6 days!!) and I'm so excited that we've had such a wonderful week this week. I feel like we've really been able to fill up the kids "love tanks" and do lots of fun and special things this week. My goal until she arrives is to do nothing but play with the kids and spend as much time as possible just being together.

Monday we had a wonderful snow day. Wednesday the children got a day with Grandma. Yesterday while Rob was home we all went to the mall for the day. The kids got to see the fish at Bass Pro Shops, we got them cookies with M&Ms and icing to eat while we were there, the kids spent their birthday money they'd been saving and got new stuffed animals from Build -A- Bear, we went on the carousel (thanks Uncle Nate!), and we went to a restaurant! Then today we woke up to such beautiful weather it seemed crazy not to take advantage of it. We stopped at McDonald's for our picnic lunch - much to the kids delight since I've put off grocery shopping for way to long in favor of playtime and resting.

This is how Rebekah looked the entire time- running, running, running!

"Never mind, I'm scared!! Get me DOWN!!!"

After our picnic lunch and playing at the park we decided to take a walk to "the river" to look for tadpoles and frogs. We could hear the frogs, but we never did find one. The kids were fascinated by the tadpoles. They had so much fun learning all about tadpoles and frogs! Miriam was quite worried about the fact that the mommy frogs don't look after the baby tadpoles!Next we walked to the pond to check there for tadpoles, frogs, fish, or ducks. We didn't find any living creatures, but they sure had a great time playing at the edge of the water and throwing in sticks and rocks- all while giving me heart attacks about how close they kept getting to the edge. I just knew I was going to have to fish at least one of them out of that pond- Michael almost went in after his sticks several times.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Did anyone ever tell you, you are an amazing mom! I love you and i cant wait for Peyton to arrive, please keep me in the loop. I would love to help in anyway, but I know we are just alike and don't "need" any help!