Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Singing in the Rain!

We had such a lovely day today! The children and I met Mom, Devyn and her boys at the pool. Miriam and Rebekah tried out their new life jackets, which fit so much better than the ones we used at the lake! Miriam swam all around the pool in her life vest like a little fish. Rebekah mostly played on the stairs, but she did venture out some and thoroughly enjoyed it! Michael had so much fun playing on the stairs in the pool also. ~I wish I had some pictures, but taking 3 children to the pool is way too busy to try to bring out the camera~


After a great morning of swimming and a picnic lunch we went back to Mom's house. The children took their naps there and I got a chance to go to the sewing store all by myself! It was divine to pick out thread colors without 3 children in tow! Now I'm all set to work on quilting projects while we are at the lake next week.


A storm blew up just as I came back to Mom's. The girl's really wanted to ride their bicycles, so since there was no thunder or lightening we decided to let them go out in the rain. They rode their bikes for a little while, but soon realized the true fun was in playing in the puddles.


Michael "jumping"


"I'm running in a puddle!"



2 comments:

Alana said...

It's so good to hear their little voices....makes me cry! I MUST be hormonal...lol. I miss those kiddos so much!

Unknown said...

It makes Miriam cry, too. Last night as she was leaving, she teared up and her little lips trembled: "Grannnnnmaw, I really wish we could still live at your house." Then trying to convince herself it's okay, she said: "We can can see you alot, right?" --Broke my heart! Now I know why kids with grandkids are supposed to build houses next to each other on the family farm!