Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Celebrating July 4th!

Miriam, Michael, Peyton and I enjoyed watching fireworks from the back porch on the 4th of July. Three sets of neighbors sent up fireworks that evening! Rebekah was terrified of the fireworks and refused to set foot outside and Rob had to go to work that evening. So, we decided to hold our Independence Day celebration until July 5th when Rebekah wouldn't have to worry about rouge fireworks and Rob would be off work as well.
We spent all evening playing in the backyard while Rob grilled burgers and corn for our dinner.(This is Michael not getting his way)As soon as the sun began to set we lit a fire in our chiminea and made yummy smores. I spent $5 at Target for a few small fireworks. Michael loved the little poppers and Rebekah decided after they were over that she loved the colorful fountain fireworks. Miriam was the only child brave enough to do sparklers, but everyone else enjoyed watching her and telling her just how to swing them. Peyton wanted to be involved, so I helped her hold one sparkler.

No comments: