Saturday, February 13, 2010

Discovery Place

Friday Mom, the children and I went to Discovery Place Museum for the day. We had so much fun that we are already trying to line our schedules up for another visit in the very near future. We stayed at the museum for about 4 hours, and still didn't get to do it all!
The children loved the "machine" pictured below. They were able to move gravel through the contraption using baskets, pulleys, conveyor belts and other things. This was definitely Michael's favorite part of the museum. He filled up the basket over and over and over again while everyone took turns using the pulley to raise the gravel up into the machine.

Another hit was the wind power area. Michael and Rebekah pushed their boats back and forth while Miriam changed the direction of the wind to help the boats go.

Another fun area allowed the children to float balls over streams of air.

Miriam enjoyed laying on the bed of nails.
We all enjoyed using pulleys to raise ourselves up into the air. Miriam had no problem pulling herself up the first time. Rebekah was a bit nervous at first so I put her in my lap to raise us up. Mom laughed at me as I struggled with all the strength I had to raise us up while Miriam so easily raised herself...then we climbed off the seats and noticed the signs that said, "hard," "harder," and "hardest!" Rebekah and I had been sitting in the "hardest" seat! Peyton was a sweetie the whole trip happily being carried from exhibit to exhibit. She was thrilled with the last play area when Mom and Miriam helped her go down the slide over and over again.As soon as she was off the bottom of the slide she'd turn around and try to crawl back up to the top.

No comments: