Sunday, May 3, 2009

Miriam's First Dance Recital

Miriam had her very first dance recital today. She had a wonderful time and danced beautifully. She says she can't wait to do it again next year!
Her first dance was tap to "House Cleaning Blues." (which is quite funny since she is often begging me to let her swiffer, dust or windex!)
Miriam was so excited that Gramma and Gramps came to see her dance.Peyton slept pretty much the whole time, except for waking up to fill her diaper VERY LOUDLY during a very quiet dance. I think everyone in a 5 row radius probably heard it! We were all shaking trying to contain our giggles.
Miriam's second dance was ballet to "Someday My Prince Will Come." How bittersweet it was- just another reminder of how quickly the years are passing by.

Michael slept through most of the second half of the dance on Gramps. Rebekah enjoyed watching all the dances and says that she can't wait until she gets to dance on stage next year.
She's going to go to dance classes once a week in June to see if she'd like to take Preschool Dance next year.
Miriam says she is most definitely dancing again next year.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I missed it. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Alana said...

She looks so beautiful and grown-up! Did you get video?

Amanda said...

We didn't video, but the dance studio did and we'll get a DVD

Alana said...

OH! And I forgot to add....

Rob let her wear MAKEUP???!!! Wha?! LOL....

Amanda said...

Yeah, he was not happy about that! Worse was seeing the teens who were doing some sexy moves during "jazz" numbers- don't think Miriam will be taking Jazz class now!