Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Our first girl

I've been trying, unsuccessfully to make this post for a week now. Marley died a little over a week ago, very unexpectedly. It's been tough to say the least.
I hoped to make this post with all our favorite pictures of Marley. However, most of our pictures are pre-digital... I just don't have the heart to go through all the albums and scan in all the pictures. Maybe another day.

It just doesn't feel right to let her go without some type of acknowledgement.
She was the very best dog ever!

Here are just a few of my favorites that were already on my computer:

She would "guard" Miriam. Sleeping right beside where ever Miriam was as a baby. She would also lay just off the edge of Miriam's floor blanket to be near her while she played--then Miriam got mobile and Marley quickly moved her spot farther away! Since moving in our new house Marley made her nightly "gaurd" station in the hallway upstairs. She'd lay right in the middle of the doors to each room- as if she was making sure to keep watch over all of us.

1 comment:

Alana said...

I was so sad to hear about Marley. She was a really good dog. =(

I remember when she was a puppy and you brought her to my rugby meet at App and I "met" her for the first time....a little ball of fur.

Love you. I'm so sorry....=(