Friday, February 29, 2008

More of the house

The before pictures are not near as dramatic as it really was. Certainly can't show the horrid smell this house had in a picture! The carpets were ruined from animals- enough said about that. Rob's dad patched the holes in the walls for us, he says there were at least 300! He thinks someone shot a BB gun in the house at the walls-seriously! And the filth...just complete dirtiness everywhere. I don't believe the house had ever been cleaned in the 4 years since it was built. In the kitchen before pictures I spared you the picture of the baked chicken that was left in the oven -- the foreclosure happened in July and we closed on the house in December-- YUCK!!!!
Michael's room before:
Michael's room after:
I'm hoping to work on a quilt for the twin bed and curtains for Michael's room after Christmas. I have the design and main fabrics picked out (yellow, blue and white polka dots in a pinwheel design). I need to get to the fabric store to pick out the background colors.


Kitchen before:

Kitchen after:
Rob and our dads laid new tile in the kitchen, half bath, pantry and laundry room.This picture shows the beautiful tile work that Rob did on the back splash. The previous back splash was waterlogged, rotten and hanging off the wall. (the bread is a new recipe I tried for Bek's b-day tomorrow--it's a Macaroni Grill knock off, here's hoping it tastes as good as it smelled while baking!)

Living room before:
Living room after:

No comments: