Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Future Quilters

Passing the love of sewing on to the next generation (with a side of showing off my new sewing area):
This evening I found the girls making pretend quilts. Notice the correct use of the cutting mat and quilting rulers! They've been paying attention! They used the pretend curling iron as their rotary cutter!
In these pictures Rebekah was the "mommy" making a quilt for her "daughter" Miriam.
My sewing area has to be the best spot in the house! It is in a corner of the playroom, so while the kids play I can work on projects. The table will eventually have 2 kitchen chairs to allow the children to also use the table for art/school work. All the tupperware drawers under the table hold homeschool supplies. I've got most of the closet behind the area full of craft stuff, while the shelving holds my embroidery supplies and current projects.

No comments: