Friday, December 23, 2011

Michael Joseph is 5 years old!

5 years old...  What a joy he has been and continues to be every day.  Need some laughter, a smile, a hug? Michael is the one you need!
This boy, my boy, is turning out to be an amazing person.  I can't believe I have to say "boy" now...gone is my baby, my toddler, my preschooler. 
   I'm amazed how well he can hang with his sisters.  He's all boy in every sense of the word.  He loves to act wild, to run around, to yell, to break things, to build things, to get filthy.   Yet, when it comes to his sisters he is the most perfect and amazing brother. He is so sweet, kind and loving.  He's protective.  It is amazing to watch him take care of Peyton and play so sweetly with her.  They are buddies, but at the same time it is obvious that he is doting on her and loving on her. 

Michael is more and more like Rob everyday.  He will do just about anything to get a laugh.  He loves his family fiercely.  He loves to have a good, fun time.
His current favorite things are super heros (especially Captain America), building things (using real tools, of course), and anything with wheels.  When he isn't playing one of the above things he can be found playing dolls or house with his sisters (He loves being the Daddy).
He began reading his first 3 letter words and simple sentences this week.
Michael loves to gather his special treasures, I never know what I am going to find in his pockets, in his bed and in his treasure box!  Thankfully I haven't found any living creatures in there yet!


No comments: