Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Funnies

When I ask Peyton if there is a baby in Mommy's belly she replies, "No." If I say that there is a baby in Mommy's belly she says, "Nu Uhhh, Baby at home."
When I ask her if the baby is coming to our house she gets excited and points at the freshly washed baby blankets on the shelf.
So, she knows there is a baby coming to our house, but it is not coming from Mommy's belly!

Last night at the grocery store Pop-Tarts were on sale. We usually buy Pop-Tarts twice a year when we go on vacation so they are a very special treat for the kids. I let the kids choose the max amount we could buy (8 boxes!) yesterday on the condition that they remain in the top of the pantry closet until after the baby arrives. Miriam wanted to know why we need easy meals after the baby comes and I explained that babies like to make Mommies tired since they often are awake in the middle of the night. Her reply was, "Oh, so babies are nocturnal then?"
This morning as we were getting breakfast out Rebekah says, "Mommy I am so excited that our baby is coming soon....especially since it means we will get to eat Pop-Tarts!"

No comments: